Saturday, October 11, 2008


You may want to take a look at applying for a UFT Teacher Center Mini-grant. The UFT awards several each year and if you can only write one grant proposal, this is the one to write. You can get the flyer and the application from: (I have won this several times. The money goes directly to you so you can use it in the classroom but you must keep exact financial records. The UFT Teacher Center also provides a nice award ceremony for the winners.)

The September 25, 2008 UFT paper provides information about grants, awards and freebies on page 14. Take a look specifically at the Science or Technology awards: When you write grant proposals for your school, you must first clear it with your administration. In addition, your administration might have to provide the school’s background information (usually from their CEP-Comprehensive Educational Plan) and must sign the document.